Is a test injection needed when UPLC system is idle?

Discussions about HPLC, CE, TLC, SFC, and other "liquid phase" separation techniques.

3 posts Page 1 of 1
I use a UPLC binary to run my samples using a 1.7micron, 2.1*100mm column and its a gradient that runs for 45 minutes. I normally run a few condition columns at the start of the run to equilibrate the system but I noticed when I don't use the UPLC for a few weeks then put on a new run, the first 2 or 3 injections have odd retention times and resolutions that normally pass end up failing.
It usually settles out after a few injections but I have failed system suit before and I have to run 1 or 2 trial injections to "settle" the system before injecting a run, is this normal?
I ALWAYS made "test" injections on HPLC and GC each day before starting my sequences.

Notice that I used capital letters.
At what temperature are you working?
3 posts Page 1 of 1