Agilent 1100 Contact closure error

Discussions about HPLC, CE, TLC, SFC, and other "liquid phase" separation techniques.

2 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

I've been tasked with maintaining a rather old agilent 1100 HPLC stack containing the following components:
  • Degasser
  • Bin pump
  • Autosampler
  • VWD

This is connected to a Finnegan LCQ Deca and the entire set of instruments are controlled via Xcalibur.

Recently, the bin pump module began throwing all sorts of pressure errors that weren't easily solvable. We happened to have an identical spare bin pump unit, which I swapped in to the stack. Everything seems to be working now with the pump, but when I attempt to run methods through the Xcalibur software, the system hangs while waiting for contact closure and then crashes. If I manually program the LC using the gameboy control unit, everything seems to run fine. Is this possibly a control software issue?

I'm much more familiar with FPLC systems than HPLC, so I'm a bit stick with how best to diagnose this.
When you re-configured the replacement BIN pump, you forgot to 'activate' the ECI board in the pump module as part of the new configuration. Depending on the software version, the default is often disabled in some systems. You need to check the 'enabled box.
2 posts Page 1 of 1