Corona Detector Troubleshooting

Discussions about HPLC, CE, TLC, SFC, and other "liquid phase" separation techniques.

4 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello Everybody,

I need help figuring out how to troubleshoot Corona problem. I am trying to set up this detector and it fails self calibration and gives error 80. You can skip it and attempt to run it gives error "low ion trap voltage". As a remedy, it suggests to contact manufacturer. May be somebody knows how to address this issue. It is used Corona CAD.

Thank you very much
Vlad Orlovsky
HELIX Chromatography
My opinions might be bias, but I have about 1000 examples to support them. Check our website for new science and applications
www.helixchrom.com
Perhaps you should try contacting Thermo about this issue. Of course they will probably not help you for free, but it sounds like an issue where you might need some part(s) replaced in the CAD.
Dera Vlad,

the CAD ist flooded. You'll need a SVC Rep onsite to perform drying, cleaning and PM.
Error code 80 means its flooded. Liquid flow was sent to the CAD with the gas OFF. The gas should always stay on when liquid is flowing into the CAD. Some people use the UV only and forget about the CAD and when the gas runs out, it can flood. At a minimum, it needs a PM.
4 posts Page 1 of 1