Looking for an HPLC

Discussions about HPLC, CE, TLC, SFC, and other "liquid phase" separation techniques.

11 posts Page 1 of 1
Just thought I'd ask the community if anyone is planning to get rid of any of their HPLC's and would like to discuss selling it!

Ideally a DAD or VWD with a column heater - autosampler cooler not necessary. Quaternary pump desired.

Or if anyone has any trustworthy sources to find good refurbished or used HPLC's, a link would be appreciated as well! I've done some searching but some of the websites I've seen make me hesitant to purchase from them, so if anyone has some actual experience with any online vendors that would be great.

Thanks all!
I got a quote not too long ago from Agilent for a pair of refurbished 1100s. This was for a "value stack" with an autosampler, quartenary pump, and column heater.

I don't know if I'm getting a good deal because of educational discounts, because I'm buying two, or a combination of both but the "value stack" as they call it came in at $34K($17K each) with a DAD or just under $30K for the pair for VWDs. The only thing lacking is a computer, since I have serviceable ones already on hand-Chemstation is included.

Even though they're "refurbished" Agilent warrantees them like a new instrument and I think includes both installation and 1 year of support. A friend of mine who has bought refurbished 1100 modules say that they come in white cases like a 1200(not the gray color of "old" 1100s) and otherwise are just like getting a new system.

That's an option worth exploring-I don't think they openly advertise that system, but talk to your local sales rep and ask specifically about it. Even though there are great 3rd party sellers around, refurbished from the manufacturer beats refurbished from anyone else in my book.
benhutcherson wrote:
I got a quote not too long ago from Agilent for a pair of refurbished 1100s. This was for a "value stack" with an autosampler, quartenary pump, and column heater.

I don't know if I'm getting a good deal because of educational discounts, because I'm buying two, or a combination of both but the "value stack" as they call it came in at $34K($17K each) with a DAD or just under $30K for the pair for VWDs. The only thing lacking is a computer, since I have serviceable ones already on hand-Chemstation is included.

Even though they're "refurbished" Agilent warrantees them like a new instrument and I think includes both installation and 1 year of support. A friend of mine who has bought refurbished 1100 modules say that they come in white cases like a 1200(not the gray color of "old" 1100s) and otherwise are just like getting a new system.

That's an option worth exploring-I don't think they openly advertise that system, but talk to your local sales rep and ask specifically about it. Even though there are great 3rd party sellers around, refurbished from the manufacturer beats refurbished from anyone else in my book.

Great, I will be moving locations from my current area in Illinois and just found out who my local Agilent rep will be so I do plan to discuss things with him. I'll be sure to bring up their refurbished options.
Hi Zoraku

I have 20+ years experience with an HP1100, I can recommend you heartlily a binary pump!

Good luck

Fernando
It is not bad offer. You can find a little bit cheaper systems on eBay. There are few with warranties there all the time. I bought a few for under 11K but no warranty. If you are not very price sensitive you can buy from Agilent. For method development work I always recommend to use quaternary pump. You can create stock solutions of buffer/acid (100-200 mM and 1-2%) and deliver almost any composition.
Vlad Orlovsky
HELIX Chromatography
My opinions might be bias, but I have about 1000 examples to support them. Check our website for new science and applications
www.helixchrom.com
Another strong recommendation for purchasing a REFURBISHED Agilent 1100-series DAD equipped HPLC system from Agilent directly (skip ebay!). An 1100 is 99% the same thing as a 1200 or 1260 system, but with a different # on the front panel. Over the past year, Agilent has literally been dumping fantastic 1100- series systems at less than 1/2 the regular price on the market. A full DAD system with QUAT PUMP (yes, get the quat pump as they are best for general purpose work) with ChemStation 3D software are being sold and delivered for under $20K USD. There is no point in buying a broken system off ebay or from one of the lab supply companies (who just buys the same at auctions). No repairs, comes with fresh lamps, a warranty, it will work perfectly and that is exactly what most customers need (because they do not have 10+ years of professional experience using and servicing the same). Great deal and someday they will stop offering the deal.

By the way, you can purchase a fully loaded 1220 DAD system from Agilent (BRAND NEW) for similar price (~ 19K). But why bother with a 1220 (which are nice systems), when you can get a fully upgradable research grade system like the 1100/1200 series.
Multidimensional,

Where do they list these systems for sale? I am looking to buy a couple more systems.
Vlad Orlovsky
HELIX Chromatography
My opinions might be bias, but I have about 1000 examples to support them. Check our website for new science and applications
www.helixchrom.com
Zoraku,
I have a Agilent 1100 working condition with software. Contact me if your interested or have more questions.

Kind regards,

Joe
Jlevy@levytech.com
Vlad, any Agilent CAG sales rep can set you up. Many of my clients have purchased them this way over the past few years. And while I am not a big fan of buying the systems off ebay (mostly junk), AGILENT has an account on ebay and (as of last week) was selling complete 1100 systems (Refurbished) with a warranty, software and installation at less than half price.
Got a binary (600bar) binary DAD system from ietltd.com for about $40k. Looks like new.
It has been years since I have used chemstation. If anybody knows someone int eh Greenville, SC area that can give me a couple of hours of their time, there is a couple of crisp $100 bills they can earn. I think chemstation and really all agilent software is very poorly written. I like agilent hardware ok, but the software stinks. My email is tonymontec@gmail.com.
Thanks
Tony M Montanari wrote:
I think chemstation and really all agilent software is very poorly written. I like agilent hardware ok, but the software stinks.

Now now! MassHunter is great. Chemstation is ............old.

I'm a big fan of Agilent refurbished instruments. Just got approval for a second QTof. Massive saving over the "list" price.
11 posts Page 1 of 1