Agilent 1200 not communicating with PC

Discussions about HPLC, CE, TLC, SFC, and other "liquid phase" separation techniques.

4 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi,

When I load chemstation software (B.04.02), all modules appear as offline despite them all being switched on. When I ping the IP of the instrument, I receive 4 request timeout messages. Does anybody have any advice on how to fix this issue? The instrument is an Agilent 1200 series.

Thanks,
Mark
Hello

Probably you don't have proper connection between PC and LC. you need to set up IP address on LAN card in detector - it is the best option if you have standalone system (not in network). Default IP on LAN card is 192.168.254.11 (check switches config in manual). So just set IP in PC to 192.168.254.10 and check connection.

Regards

Tomasz Kubowicz
Hi there,
I agree with the previous approach. One approach you could also try is to find out the actual ip of the connected device to confirm that the ip of the device is actually as anticipated. This Website may help but I am sure there are other ways
https://www.iplocation.net/find-private-network-ip

Kevin
Do you have cable connection on LAN port. be aware conecting CAN port to PC is wrong and will damage mainboard. Arw there lights blinking on both LAN ports when you are connected? Do you use BotP - Check that firewall is not blocking service.
4 posts Page 1 of 1