Pressure and leak tests Agilent 1100 HPLC

Discussions about HPLC, CE, TLC, SFC, and other "liquid phase" separation techniques.

5 posts Page 1 of 1
Recently I started having an issue with the pressure ripple being unstable. I replaced the piston seals and cleaned the pistons and housing. I also replaced the gold seal on the outlet ball valve and the PTFE frit inside the purge valve, but I'm still having the same issue. I don't see any external leaks, so I'm trying to run the leak test using Chemstation (since I don't have an integrator to plug into the pump). However, the instructions in the manual are unclear on how to initialize the test. I've loaded the leak test method, connected 100% LC-grade IPA to channel D, opened the purge valve and set the flow to 5ml/min for 10 mins, connected the restriction capillary and flushed the pump channel, and then set the flow to 0ml/min and connected the blank nut. However, I'm not seeing where I'm supposed to execute the test. There is not 'execute' button for me to press to begin the test. Is there a sequence that needs to be loaded for this to run? I was having a similar issue with the pressure test. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Hi Tylerkai,
Agilent moved a lot of the testing and diagnostic functions from Chemstation into their Lab Advisor software at one point. It could be that you need the Lab Advisor software to do these tests. If you don’t have it, I think it can be downloaded from Agilent for free. If not you can find links for it from the Agilent community site
Hope this helps.
Kevin
Before we got the OpenLab stuff with its own inherent "fun", we used A.09 Chemstation. I made I own Methods.M in Chemstation for the two flow/pressure tests.
I'll give both of those things a try, thank you!
It looks like the pressure and leak tests were moved to the Lab Advisor software. It isn't available for free unfortunately, but I was able to get it and run the test. Looks like I have to replace the active inlet valve since I've already replaced everything else. Thanks for the information!
5 posts Page 1 of 1