Response factor custom field in EMPOWER3

Discussions about HPLC, CE, TLC, SFC, and other "liquid phase" separation techniques.

5 posts Page 1 of 1
Do any one know how can do this? please help me :cry:
I created a custom field for response factor, the formula of thie CF is:
(((AVE(Area))*EQ(Label."S1"))*(S2,,,[Amount])*100)/((AVE(Area))*EQ(Label."S2"))*(S1,,,[Amount])
The CF is a result field type,real data type,calculated,result set only,all or nothing is disabled,satandards only and founds only.
I added "summarise customfield " in the end of the sample set but no results are finded :cry:
Hello,

You don't need a custom field for this. Are you running external or internal standards? If you are looking for a response factor for samples or standards with an internal standard then there is a field in Empower called "Response" which calculates (Peak Response/Internal Standard Response*Internal Standard Amount) and to get this active you need to assign, in the Internal Standard field of your processing method, whatever peak you are using as the internal standard against your active peak.

If its external standard response factor should work the same as long as your peak response is Area and Y Value is Amount. If you need something like (Area/Amount)*100 a simple CF will do this.

Your CF makes no sense because there is no such function in Empower as AVE(Area). You need to specify as an intersample summary custom field functions like AVE, MAX, MIN etc using this syntax:

Label.Injection.Channel.Summary Function(Field) so for example

A.%..AVE(Area) calculates the average area of peaks for all injections of samples labelled as A. % can be used to represent "all values" so % in the Injection slow represents all injections of A..i would google custom fields to learn more, too much in it to explain in one post!
thank you,
I edit the formula to:
(S2.%.(Area)/S1.%.(Area))*(S1.%.(Pe)/S2.%.(Pe))*100 , it works, it gives me a result for all samples. but i need the averge of Area, when i put (S2.%.AVE(Area)/S1.%.AVE(Area))*(S1.%.(Pe)/S2.%.(Pe))*100 it doesn't work
The way you have the average formula is slightly wrong, copy this exactly and it will work:

((S2.%..AVE(Area)/S1.%..AVE(Area)))*((S1.%.(Pe)/S2.%.(Pe)))*100

Also, because there is an Average in the formula, you need to have the "Summarize Custom Fields" function as the last line in the sample set. Then this formula will work when you process a sample set. I would keep your Search Order in the custom field to Result Set Only, or else its going to average ALL the Area values in the project instead of only the values in the Result Set.
thank you :)
5 posts Page 1 of 1