preparation buffer borate

Discussions about HPLC, CE, TLC, SFC, and other "liquid phase" separation techniques.

5 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi I would like to ask how to prepare a 250ml borate buffer at pH 9, could I change something with an hplc analysis to use borate buffer or borate buffer?
I presume it is a 50 mM (millimolar) concentration.
Do you remember the weight of the reagents to put?
You have to know what concentration you want. There are a number of buffer preparation calculators on the web. Here's just one example:
https://www.sigmaaldrich.com/life-scien ... lator.html
-- Tom Jupille
LC Resources / Separation Science Associates
tjupille@lcresources.com
+ 1 (925) 297-5374
Hi, I found this preparation, but I have a problem if the solution is all in one way until you get the 9, doing the proportions can I prepare less?

Solution A: 20mM sodium tetraborate decahydrate
3.81g of Na2B4O7.10H2O / FW 381.37, make up the volume to 500ml with HPLC grade water
Solution B: 20mM boric acid
0.62g H3BO3 / FW 61.83, make up the volume to 500ml with HPLC grade water
Adjust the pH of solution A to a value of 9.0 using solution B.
5 posts Page 1 of 1