Varian ProStar 325 firmware issue

Discussions about HPLC, CE, TLC, SFC, and other "liquid phase" separation techniques.

5 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi everyone! I'm having some trouble setting up a Varian ProStar 325 UV/Vis detector, which is connected to two PS210 pumps. The main problem is that the detector is not recognised as online when I try to gain control of it (i.e. turning on the lamps). Also an error message always shows up at the start:

Module 325.44: Error Code: 9064
Module 325.44: Driver Upgrade Required For Firmware Version 2.06
Module 325.44:Driver Upgrade Required
Module 325.44: Module has disconnected
Module 325.44: Close Workstation Before Upgrading

My understanding of this error is that firmware version has been updated in this machine, but the Star WS is not able to communicate with the detector. Does anyone know if it is possible to downgrade the firmware? Does anyone own an older firware eventually?

Thanks in advance!
Can you start your system? I have Varian 325 and two Varian 210. I need start it. I don`t know how connect it.
Hi

Your Software is Star 6.41?
A driver update for this software is available that will fix the connection to the 325 detector.

Without the driver update, the software will see the detector but will refuse connection.

best regards
Chris
Hi Chris,

I have the same problem. Do you know how to get a copy of the driver update?

Thanks,
Xuesong
Hi Chris,

I am having the same firmware issues with the Prostar 325. Is there any chance
you can email me a driver update for this detector to work with Star 6.41?
Here is my email address: jahan@pacbell.net
Thanks in advance. Jahan
5 posts Page 1 of 1