estimation of eucalyptus oil

Discussions about HPLC, CE, TLC, SFC, and other "liquid phase" separation techniques.

8 posts Page 1 of 1
hi,
can anyone suggest me how to estimate eucalyptus oil by using c18 column in rp-hplc
Tough to say without knowing your matrix but I think this paper might be a good place to start:

https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/d3a9/b ... 16bb86.pdf
thank you for this information.
matrix is silica gel bonded to carbon atoms. can you suggest any other method
can anyone suggest me a method for estimation of different types of oils like tea tree oil, eucalyptus oil, lavendin oil, camphor and menthol in a single run.
my availability is schimadzu hplc and kromasil C18 column
There is nothing to be gained by re-inventing the wheel, so I would suggest entering the terms “HPLC & eucalyptus oil” in your favorite search engine.
Select a method that describes RP separation of multi-component essential oils.
Use this as a template for your particular situation.
DeviSirisha wrote:
can anyone suggest me a method for estimation of different types of oils like tea tree oil, eucalyptus oil, lavendin oil, camphor and menthol in a single run.
my availability is schimadzu hplc and kromasil C18 column

First of all: you're limited severely by being restricted to HPLC and C18 column only; this is not a good way to start out any analysis - by limited equipment/technique. GC or GCMS can be useful for eucalyptol, camphor, menthol......
Thank you all for your suggestions..
At present only HPLC is available for me. I dont have GC/GCMS/LCMS or any other advanced equipment at my college. so i want to estimate oils by simple method using Rp-HPLC.
How to get a one-armed person to clap ?
8 posts Page 1 of 1