Service to G1379A Vacuum Chamber

Discussions about HPLC, CE, TLC, SFC, and other "liquid phase" separation techniques.

6 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello,

is it possible to service a vacuum chamber for a G1379A degasser or do you have to replace them completely? We are having trouble with our unit and the cost of having it repaired by our Agilent reps is almost the same as buying a new one, and since the warranty and service has long expired, we thought we'd take a crack at fixing it.

Any advise on the matter will be greatly appreciated,

Axel
Have you taken off the cover and looked inside? We've repaired a few of our Agilent degassers in the past which had cracks in the rubber vacuum hoses. We used vacuum tubing from the auto parts store.
Consumer Products Guy wrote:
Have you taken off the cover and looked inside? We've repaired a few of our Agilent degassers in the past which had cracks in the rubber vacuum hoses. We used vacuum tubing from the auto parts store.

Yes, we opened the module and there are no damaged hoses. The pump by itself seems to be working also, but the solenoid valve appears to but stuck closed. I'm looking on line for the specs of the valve to take a closer look at it. Is there a way to open/close it manually?
irosas wrote:
the solenoid valve appears to but stuck closed. I'm looking on line for the specs of the valve to take a closer look at it. Is there a way to open/close it manually?

small manual valve?

bypass it?
By-pass the solenoid valve and you will quickly destroy the vacuum pump! It is there for a purpose and seals off the vacuum chamber when the pump is OFF. Do Not Do this. Find out what is wrong with the module. Please have the degasser professionally diagnosed and serviced (*I know this post is old, but just in case someone finds it later on and thinks that by-passing the solenoid valve is a good idea, I want to reassure them it is not and to discuss the problem with someone experienced in working on these modules).
"HPLC Degasser Repair Services"; http://www.chiralizer.com/hplc-degasser-repair.html
6 posts Page 1 of 1