PerinElmer HPLC series 200 DAD detector explain .

Discussions about HPLC, CE, TLC, SFC, and other "liquid phase" separation techniques.

3 posts Page 1 of 1
To : all freinds .

we have HPLC instrument from PerinElmer HPLC series 200 . i have some confusion when i need fill the wavelengths in detector windows in the software .

for example i need analysis more than 3 or 4 food colors ( E 104 @ 414 nm & E110 @483 nm & E122 @ 522 nm & E131 @ 643 nm ) that means i have more than one wavelength . i do not understand where exactly put these wavelength inside the windows of detector ? there are inside the detector windows ( wavelenght ------ channel A and ------channel B . and another information . please if any one can explain all spaces inside the detector dialoge box . thank you for all . Image
I'm not familiar with that specific DAD but my guess it could be one of three things:

1. The software compatibility only allows for a maximum data recording for two wavelengths at once. This may be a software limitation.
2. I do have a perkinelmer Flexar system that uses the LINK system. We have to define the modules in the LINK system for totalchrom (it looks like you are using totalchrom yes?) to recognize each modular piece of the instrument. Maybe the wrong detector was chosen when the instrument setup was defined, and thus you aren't able to utilize the maximum ability of the detector.
3. I'm not familiar with this specific 200 series DAD but it may just be a limitation of the detector that it can only handle 2 wavelengths simultaneously. I see various manufacturers only claim a certain number of simultaneous wavelength measurements even within the same genre of detector (DAD in this case).

Option 2 would be the first one I check...if it's just a settings error in TotalChrom, then it might be an easy fix. If it's either option 1 or option 2, that might be more difficult to fix.

Hopefully this might help.
Hi,

Totalchrom will record all the wavelengths even if you input only two wavelengths in channel A and B. When the data is acquired you'll see live only the two wavelengths selected, but after the run is done, you can reprocess the data with IRIS and select the chromatogram for whichever and how-many-ever wavelengths you want to look at. Make sure both lamps are switched on and the you're processing the data between 190-700nm.
hope this makes sense.
3 posts Page 1 of 1