Missing ELSD Signal in Chemstation

Discussions about HPLC, CE, TLC, SFC, and other "liquid phase" separation techniques.

6 posts Page 1 of 1
I am using Chemstation B.01.03 (Rev. B) and I hooked up Sedex 75 through Agilent 35900E. I see the plot/signal in online signal but don't have it in my report. When method was set up, ADC Signal window states collect "all data", my Agilent 1100 starts 35900 and I added ADC1 (Channel A) to the Signal Details.
What I am missing?
Vlad Orlovsky
HELIX Chromatography
My opinions might be bias, but I have about 1000 examples to support them. Check our website for new science and applications
www.helixchrom.com
This issue seems consistent with not having a remote 9-pin cable plugged into the 35900 and also into the Agilent stack. In other words: we had that issue and learned that a few decades ago.
Thank you. Do you know part number for this cable from Agilent?
I am puzzled why this cable is needed. My Agilent receives the data from ELSD and plots it in Signal Window, but not in the report
Vlad Orlovsky
HELIX Chromatography
My opinions might be bias, but I have about 1000 examples to support them. Check our website for new science and applications
www.helixchrom.com
CPG, this worked. Thank you for your advice.
Vlad Orlovsky
HELIX Chromatography
www.helixchrom.com
Vlad Orlovsky wrote:
CPG, this worked. Thank you for your advice.

Great !!! Like I said: we learned this long ago. Signal was visible in "plot" window but no vertical red line appeared at start of injection, need the remote cable.
Consumer Products Guy wrote:
This issue seems consistent with not having a remote 9-pin cable plugged into the 35900 and also into the Agilent stack. In other words: we had that issue and learned that a few decades ago.
Vlad Orlovsky wrote:
I am puzzled why this cable is needed. My Agilent receives the data from ELSD and plots it in Signal Window, but not in the report

I believe it's sending the trigger to start/stop acquisition for the chromatogram. Basically triggering the software to write the signal to disk. It will display the analog signal, but that's not stored unless triggered to do so by the ADC box. Odd way to do things, but that's always been my guess.

CPG will probably know for sure.
6 posts Page 1 of 1