Free alternative to Shimadzu LabSolutions

Discussions about HPLC, CE, TLC, SFC, and other "liquid phase" separation techniques.

2 posts Page 1 of 1
Dear colleagues,

I am doing a research stay in The Netherland, i am using a Shimadzu HPLC in this university and i have a bunch of chromatograms in lcd format. Now i need to come back to my university in Spain and we have not the software to open that kind of files (LabSolutions from Shimadzu) :shock:

¿Is there some free software able to open this kind of files (cromatografs files with lcd extension)?

If not, Is there any way to export a large batch of chromatograms to another format quickly?

Kind regards,
In LabSolutions you can export to netcdf or mzXml by selecting the files in the file-browser pane to the left of the screen in PostRun, right-click, and choose "File conversion...". I also have a client who uses ACDlabs software to open Shimadzu files, this software being cheaper than LabSolutions - but they're a chemist who finds ACDlabs functionality appropriate to them. I don't know if it would do your job or not - I haven't used it myself.

If whoever organises your LC-MS is agreeable, there is another option: you can legally install LabSolutions anywhere, including a PC in Spain. But you will need the dongle to make it work. If your lab has spare dongles, and are agreeable, you could presumably borrow a dongle for long enough to complete your work, and post it back when you're finished.
2 posts Page 1 of 1