Isoabsorbance Plot for Chemstation B.04.02?

Discussions about HPLC, CE, TLC, SFC, and other "liquid phase" separation techniques.

6 posts Page 1 of 1
I recently set an HPLC for one of our other labs. Everything is working fine, however the software does not have the Spectra analysis dropdown menu in the toolbar. I can't seem to find the add-on for this feature anywhere. I use this tool regularly to confirm the presence of certain analytes and would like our other lab to be able to use it as well. I was informed that it was downloaded as a separate package for the HPLC I'm running in our lab. Any help as to how I can activate it for their software would be helpful.
Thank you!
Make sure that the Data Analysis is in View, Full Menu mode.
Can you check that 3D data analysis is configured in configuration editor. Should be listed as "modular 3D LC system". If you don't have this option you probably did not inserted license for it. Check Start> AllPrograms> Chemstation> Add Instrument if you have checkbox on "3D Spectral Evaluation"
The tab isn't there, that's the issue. We've added an instrument and selected the Modular 3D LC system in the add instrument program, entered our product key but it still won't add the tool. After entering the license keys and it recognizes the instrument, it takes us to the configuration editor. The only two options available are the Modular LC System and the Classic system. I've tried installing the SP2 patch for the software from Agilent, however the installation won't run despite there being no add-ons present in Windows add/remove programs option, the win.ini file or the chemstation.ini file. I'm trying to figure out why the 3D spectral option won't install in the first place.
The errors I keep receiving when trying to install the SP2 program are "Application path for Chemstore C/S client not found." and when I run it as the administrator, I get " Could not initialize installation. System can't find the specified file." I've extracted all the files, and directed them to the Chem 32 folder but unfortunately nothing seems to be working. We have it set up in my lab no problem, but our other lab's program just isn't allowing the installation to take place.
Are you able to see both licenses, instrument control and 3D spectra, when you go to "Windows start- allprograms-agilent- chemstation- add instrument"? Also Is there a check mark in 3D spectra under instument 1 (presumably there is only one system)? I believe that the problem is in this step, after your 3D license is accepted you should receive possibility also for "Modular LC System 3D" and "Modular LC System 3D Classic"
6 posts Page 1 of 1