If you need help with Waters HPLC/UPLC instruments, ENTER

Discussions about HPLC, CE, TLC, SFC, and other "liquid phase" separation techniques.

22 posts Page 2 of 2
Hello

https://www.waters.com/webassets/cms/su ... 035699.pdf

you can contact your Waters agent office in your country that you was purchase this column from him for certificate of analysis, and he will send you for this certificate
SHERIFV4 wrote:
Hi

If you need any help for any Technical problem related to Waters HPLC , UPLC, MS systems, Feel free to contact me..

I provide full maintenance/ Qualification services/Free telephone support

I'm Waters service Engineer (with +8 years experience): "Chromatoghraphy@gmx.com"

Hi,

I have a question. what happens when you do not remove stainless steel sinkers when washing a UPLC system with 30% phosphoric acid? Does the phosphoric acid hurt the sinkers? I know that HASTELLOY SINKERS must be removed.

Thank you
Hello

In case of using phosphorice acid for system acidic cleaning :
You should remove the solvent filters, and remove any peek fitting or peek tubing (if used in your UPLC system), in addition to you need to disconnect the tube to flow cell of TUV/PDA, which mean you should not pass any phosphorice acid to your flow cell of the detector

This will increase life time of flow cell, any also will avoid any distortion in any peek part in your system..

Regards
My lab inherited a Waters 1515 Isocratic pump. I have been working with it occasionally the past couple of years. Recently it appears that the pressure transducer has become clogged. Mobile phase is not coming out of the transducer.

How difficult is it to replace a transducer? Any chance that I can fix this problem short of replacing the transducer? This pump is not under a service contract; it sees little use.
Can give a small push we are near but cant get the Console display

We are experiencing partial display on UPLC Control console. We are using Empower2 2154 with installed 1.65 ICS. MS FrameWorkNet 3.5v. It shows NOT CONNECTED with Red dot on both BSM,ASM also configured by DHCP,MAC address etc. Surprising thing is that our instrument activates Pump and autosampler works still showing not connected sign. WinXp with SP 3 .3.5FrameworkNet is also installed. The moment v select the Run Sample it appears with Black Bottons flashing but in fraction of seconds and then Red light and Not Connected appears. However v manages to run flow rate as per program and acquisition window also displays that its in operation. But v cant stop the system neither the Sampler Green button do anything. Can you guide us from this now.

Plz guide from here. Its our first time with Acquity system
Thanks and Best regards  

SHERIFV4 wrote:
Hi

If you need any help for any Technical problem related to Waters HPLC , UPLC, MS systems, Feel free to contact me..

I provide full maintenance/ Qualification services/Free telephone support

I'm Waters service Engineer (with +8 years experience): "Chromatoghraphy@gmx.com"
Can give a small push we are near but cant get the Console display

We are experiencing partial display on UPLC Control console. We are using Empower2 2154 with installed 1.65 ICS. MS FrameWorkNet 3.5v. It shows NOT CONNECTED with Red dot on both BSM,ASM also configured by DHCP,MAC address etc. Surprising thing is that our instrument activates Pump and autosampler works still showing not connected sign. WinXp with SP 3 .3.5FrameworkNet is also installed. The moment v select the Run Sample it appears with Black Bottons flashing but in fraction of seconds and then Red light and Not Connected appears. However v manages to run flow rate as per program and acquisition window also displays that its in operation. But v cant stop the system neither the Sampler Green button do anything. Can you guide us from this now.

Plz guide from here. Its our first time with Acquity system
Thanks and Best regards  

DR wrote:
Mohamad wrote:
hello,
Is there way to transfer HPLC method to UPLC method?
thanks

This has been covered here and at many other sites. Check the sticky postings, references and google for guidance. There are also online calculators that can help you.
Hi, I need to replace tubing in Column Manager (old one) as it got plugged for good... How on earth can one access this low pressure valve? I spent two hours today trying to figure out how to disassemble it, would be easy if somebody thought and put screws/nuts under valves other way around. As it is I see no way to unscrew it, as the middle (cooler) part interlocks with valves. Any help?
22 posts Page 2 of 2