problem at SPD-M10vp detector.

Discussions about HPLC, CE, TLC, SFC, and other "liquid phase" separation techniques.

4 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello, I have a problem on my HPLC class VP, the SPD-M10vp detector.
At startup the lamps are not initialize, directly the power lamp will be alumée, then there is no comunication between the classvp software and the detector even if the SCSI driver was well defined on my pc.
In this case, they are the possible causes of this anomaly. Thank you
Was the system working OK previously? Did the onset of the problem coincide with something you did (maintenance? moving the system?, etc.)?
-- Tom Jupille
LC Resources / Separation Science Associates
tjupille@lcresources.com
+ 1 (925) 297-5374
no communication between the SPD-M10A detector and the software.
the pc can not identify the detector.
this problem occurs after a long downtime of the equipment.
How long a downtime (weeks? months? years?)

The problem could be almost anything; I'm assuming there are no blinking red lights or error codes when you power up the detector. If that checks out, and the lamp *does* ignite, the next thing I would do is to temporarily replace the connecting cable(s). If that doesn't do anything, try to borrow another detector and see if the software will connect the *that*. If it doesn't, try reinstalling the software. If it *does*, then the problem is internal to the detector. You can check the obvious (take the case apart and re-seat any potential loose boards), but it may be time for factory-authorized service.
-- Tom Jupille
LC Resources / Separation Science Associates
tjupille@lcresources.com
+ 1 (925) 297-5374
4 posts Page 1 of 1