HP1047A RID - connect to recorder or integrator A2D?

Discussions about HPLC, CE, TLC, SFC, and other "liquid phase" separation techniques.

5 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi everyone,

We're installing a HP1047A RID via a analog-to-digital (A2D) card on my back of my controller (Shimadzu LC-10 HPLC). Everything seems to be working fine, but I'm not sure if I should be connecting it to the 'RECORDER' or 'INTEGRATOR' leads on the back of the RID. I have a strong guess its recorder.

I tried connecting to both and we're getting a signal, I'm just not sure which is the correct one.

Essentially there are three connection options: connect it to RECORDER using 0 as ground and using either (1) 10mv, or (2) 1mv, or use simply use the (3) INTEGRATOR leads and use the + / - leads. See photo below.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjglVmUkgtjLonJQOU5KlBuvQRKI

Can anyone shed any insight on how to correctly connect this?

Thanks.
You may connect it to integrator output , which you may get a higher voltage full scale ( normally 1 volt )
Not "1 mv". The "Integrator" output is scaled to 1 VOLT and is the one you want.

The "Recorder" output (old school strip chart) is set at 10 mVs. These are the industry standard outputs. *Try and route the waste outlet line vertically for a few cms to place a small amount of atm pressure on the line, to prevent it from draining the flow cell.
Thanks uzman and multidimensional.

I'll go ahead and connect to the Integrator leads on the RID. Thanks for the correction on the voltage (1V) as well.
Hello lespaul ,

There are two recorder outputs , 1mV and 10mV ,so you didn't state it wrong:)
Depending on the sensitivity of a recorder , you may choose one of them.

Integrator output is a separate output , and usually set 1V as full scale , some integrator outputs also set to 10V.
5 posts Page 1 of 1