Long delivery times on columns

Discussions about HPLC, CE, TLC, SFC, and other "liquid phase" separation techniques.

4 posts Page 1 of 1
We buy a lot of columns from Phenomenex and I don't know if they keep low stock on purpose or not?

I buy the mostly the common dimensions (e.g. 2.1x150 mm) but very often they don't have any column on stock in Europe or sometimes only one column. Then we have to wait for two weeks to get one from US. I just find it quite strange?
I have no issue with delivery from phenomemex normally within 5 days to a week. Are you ordering a unusual phase?
It is Kinetex HILIC 2.6 µm that is the problem right now. Not one single column on stock!
We were in USA, and did do some business with Phenomenex. We always kept a brand-new column of each type on-hand, and that's great for troubleshooting. All brands.

It's common for HPLC companies to pack and then test columns after orders are placed, they don't want to tie up labor and materials on columns that are rarely ordered; it's turnaround, like in any other business. Likely the more-common columns are on the shelf ready to ship.

I believe Agilent online store actually can tell user how many such columns are in stock, or one could find out by telephone.

And being in Europe, sure expect a few more days to receive.
4 posts Page 1 of 1