UPLC-PDA Labsolutions channel query in postrun analysis

Discussions about HPLC, CE, TLC, SFC, and other "liquid phase" separation techniques.

3 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

Apologies if this is an axiomatic question to most of you however I'm extremely new to this technology. I was hoping to find out if there was an expedient way to turn on a channel for all samples in a post run analysis. I'm trying to get peak tables and spectral data for 225nM and 250nM wavelengths for samples I've run previously and it is becoming tedious turning on each of these channels for every sample (using the edit function in method viewer). Can I do this by altering the method file in the actual instrument app?

Thanks in advance for any assistance!
Try putting whatever you want in a method, save the method, and then go to the batch view in Postrun, specify that method for each line of the batch, and run the batch (in post-run). This will cause the software to process every file using the method you've specified, and will update the current method of every file to become what you've specified. I usually do this in MS rather than PDA, but hopefully it means all your PDA channels will be what you've asked for, even if you haven't used them to specify any particular target compounds.
Good luck!
.. I forgot: if batch processing complains that it can't because the file is already in use, that just means that a file referred to in the batch is open in the PDA data analysis window. Close any windows apart from the batch view window, and it will then process OK.
3 posts Page 1 of 1