Difference between 2695 and H class autoinjectors

Discussions about HPLC, CE, TLC, SFC, and other "liquid phase" separation techniques.

2 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi,

I'm wondering what the main difference between the 2695 alliance system injector and the H class injector systems. I've already looked at the user manuals for both (and I've been told this as well) but the injector system seems exactely the same. Both systems draw sample into the sample loop and injects on the system and the the mobile phase flows through the needle to transfer the entire contents onto the system. However, the 2695 system has the green sample was line. This I believe only cleans the outside of the needle. The h-class has the sample was and purge lines. From what I have read that the sample wash line also interacts with the sample in the sample loop also flows through the needle? Then the purge line is similar to the needle wash line in the 2695??
By default, the 2695 can inject from about 0.5-100µL with a certain degree of accuracy. The H-Class can't inject more than an amount whose value escapes me at the moment, but it is less than 100, and they're more accurate at lower volumes. They also go below 0.5µL, if memory serves correctly. They also have temperature controlled sample compartments while this is an option on 2695s.

I believe that both flush the inside of their needles with needle wash (not 100% certain).
Thanks,
DR
2 posts Page 1 of 1