SCX and mysterious peak

Discussions about HPLC, CE, TLC, SFC, and other "liquid phase" separation techniques.

3 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi All,

I'm working with an SCX column, in reality two in series and a mobile phase = 0.2% TFA and RID detection. One of our standards is a sodium salt and gives two partially resolved peaks, the second of which is not identified, and another one later in the chromatogram. The times are 11.3, 11.7 and 25 min.

Injecting NaCl gives three peaks. The times are 10, 11.7 and 25 min.

HCl gives two peaks at 10 and 11.7 min.

If Na+ gives a peak at 25 minutes, and Cl- at 10 minutes, why do i have this peak at 11.7?

Question 2: If I wanted to try to increase my NTP for the separation, what internal diameter tubing should I use with a waters 2695?

All help greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
Anthony
Hello.
May be H+ peak.
Best regards,
Dmitriy A. Perlow
Thanks.

So I can expect a H+ peak injecting NaCl.

Can you explain why this manifests as a negative peak injecting Na2HPO4 and H3PO4?
3 posts Page 1 of 1