Waters 2487 Lamp Failure

Discussions about HPLC, CE, TLC, SFC, and other "liquid phase" separation techniques.

4 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

I am having an issue with a waters 2487 UV/VIS. It powers on and initializes but after an hours or so the signal starts dropping then we get a Lamp Failure error. The QC tech turned it off for a bit and then the same thing happened: ran for about an hour and then failed out. We just had the power supply replaced and a PM done after a power failure, but now we are getting this. I have a call out to our service guy but if anyone knows if there is something I can to do in the meantime that would be great. QC is down to one instrument and getting grumpy.

Thanks!
BMC
not knowing, just guessing...
Overheating?
Some AirFan not working? Blocked airflow? Faulty power-supply?
Turns out the keypad clips had broken and the key pad was obstructing the airflow. Good call Hollow!
:D
Thanks for reply
4 posts Page 1 of 1