By Megan on Tuesday, July 6, 2004 - 04:28 pm:

Recently found out that arabitol co-eluting with xylitol peak. We use 300mm x7.8mm column, with 40 min run time and .5ml/min injection.
Any idea how we can resolve these two and quantify?
Thanks for your help.
Megan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By Anonymous on Wednesday, July 7, 2004 - 08:45 am:

GC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By Bart Poulsen on Wednesday, July 7, 2004 - 01:11 pm:

What type of column did you use for the analysis? Depending on your needs and system, there are a number of carbohydrate analysis columns available that can resolve arabitol/xylitol in a reasonable period of time.

By megan on Wednesday, July 7, 2004 - 02:34 pm:

We use Biorad Fast Acid Analysis Column in conjunction with an Aminex HPX-87H column. I appreciate any help.
Megan

By tom jupille on Wednesday, July 7, 2004 - 05:02 pm:

My (dim) recollection is that one of the other Aminex HPX-87 columns will separate those two (HPX-87P ??). Same basic resin, but in a different ionic form (H = hydrogen, C = calcium, P = lead). Check with Bio Rad, they should have an application note on it.

By Bart Poulsen on Thursday, July 8, 2004 - 10:02 am:

The Bio-Rad calcium or lead form columns will work better than their hydrogen form columns. Contact them for applications support data. My company (Transgenomic) can also help you with that application. We have a some other types of ligand exchange columns if Bio-Rad can't help.

By megan on Thursday, July 8, 2004 - 11:29 am:

Thank you