HP 1050 - Alternative Software

Discussions about HPLC, CE, TLC, SFC, and other "liquid phase" separation techniques.

10 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello.
I have a HP 1050 HPLC with 1100 autosampler.
I am using ChemStation Rev A.08.03 (847).

I want to change that software because is unstable, slow and is too old.
Anybody know any alternative compatible software for this HPLC?

The HPLC is conected whit an AGILENT 82350B board and GPIB L-COM conections.

Thanks
I've used 1050 system with 1100 component using Chemstation A.06.03 and a.09.03, and didn't experience any slow running (except possibly on loading after clicking on the Online icon).

Have you cleaned up the temporary files and the computer hard drive? Do you have enough RAM and hard drive free space?

If you wanted to try, I could supply copies of those versions reasonably, you would need to use the same license number you use currently.
Thank you very much KM.

my biggest dissatisfaction is with the software itself. I want other software that has better features.

Did you know the version 09.03 is better than 08.03?
I will be grateful if you can provide me with that version.

Best regards
danor285 wrote:

I cannot vouch for differences between A.08.03 and A.09.03; even though I have a copy of A.08, we never used that at my location (we did use A.06, A.07, A.09, and A.10). All seemed to have the same features for the user, probably just differences in how they communicated with Windows.

I will say, when we moved to "C" versions of the software, that was a huge change. Much more complicated, our results were the same though!

danor285 wrote:
I will be grateful if you can provide me with that version.

If you'd like CDs of such software, respond with your E-mail like abc at xyz dot com and I'd contact you.
danielorellana285 gmail dot com
I sent you an E-mail.
Running slow?... try cloning your hard drive to a Solid State Driver (SSD) drive (Samsung and Intel have the best ratings when I compare them to other SSD's). Some SSD's have 'cloning software' that you install and connect the SSD with an Apricorn USB-to-SATA connector and switch it out. I usually clone all my C: drives as a back-up mechanism. SSD's (like a big thumb drive) run 4-5 times faster than a traditional whirling disk drive.

I just inherited an old HP 1050 3D LC (autosampler, DAD, Quat pump, Dell PC with ChemStation Rev. A.10.02) and was wondering if anyone had a pdf of the ChemStation Rev. A.10.02 user manual? I thought I saw the system GUI pictures on the screen when I first started as well as the Chemstation Explorer (that were at the lower left), but not I can't get them back anymore. I can run the system (gradients, autosampler, etc) from the menu commands, but would like to have the nice GUI with the picture of the injector, pump, DAD and click on them to change settings. Any help is appreciated.
Microman2012 wrote:
I just inherited an old HP 1050 3D LC (autosampler, DAD, Quat pump, Dell PC with ChemStation Rev. A.10.02) I can run the system (gradients, autosampler, etc) from the menu commands, but would like to have the nice GUI with the picture of the injector, pump, DAD and click on them to change settings. Any help is appreciated.

Retired now, going from memory. Aren't there options under View to turn those diagrams on and off? maybe you need to click "View Full Menu" to see those options.

Microman2012 wrote:
I just inherited an old HP 1050 3D LC (autosampler, DAD, Quat pump, Dell PC with ChemStation Rev. A.10.02) and was wondering if anyone had a pdf of the ChemStation Rev. A.10.02 user manual?

The PDFs of the manuals should be on the ChemStation disc, under "Manuals". I've used from A.03 through A.10 and there are very few differences in the operation of the systems.
Thanks, I'll try them. I was told today that since it's an older HP 1050 system, the ChemStation doesn't have workable GUI icons, as that started with the Agilent 1100 system? But I swear they were there when I started the system up, either that or I'm dillusional after looking at so many pdf's of the 1100/1200 systems as there is very little available regarding the 1050. Thanks, I'll make sure I select those settings.

Consumer Products Guy wrote:
Microman2012 wrote:
I just inherited an old HP 1050 3D LC (autosampler, DAD, Quat pump, Dell PC with ChemStation Rev. A.10.02) I can run the system (gradients, autosampler, etc) from the menu commands, but would like to have the nice GUI with the picture of the injector, pump, DAD and click on them to change settings. Any help is appreciated.

Retired now, going from memory. Aren't there options under View to turn those diagrams on and off? maybe you need to click "View Full Menu" to see those options.

I don't have the 'disks', jut the Dell Computer with software installed and setup files on a memory stick.

Microman2012 wrote:
I just inherited an old HP 1050 3D LC (autosampler, DAD, Quat pump, Dell PC with ChemStation Rev. A.10.02) and was wondering if anyone had a pdf of the ChemStation Rev. A.10.02 user manual?

The PDFs of the manuals should be on the ChemStation disc, under "Manuals". I've used from A.03 through A.10 and there are very few differences in the operation of the systems.
At times you have to turn the menu settings off and then back on. When you pull down the menu it'll be checked as if it was on but you won't have the diagrams displayed. Toggle it and they'll show back up.

You can run the 1050/1100 pair under MassLynx, so I imagine that it'll run under the conventional Waters HPLC software. I'll be the first to admit that the quantification routines in the Waters software are significantly better than the ones in HPLC ChemStation. The Germans built fabulous hardware but they sure could have used Palo Alto's input on the software!
Mark Krause
Laboratory Director
Krause Analytical
Austin, TX USA
10 posts Page 1 of 1