Help Me! LPLC - Methods of Removing Air Bubbles

Discussions about HPLC, CE, TLC, SFC, and other "liquid phase" separation techniques.

3 posts Page 1 of 1
I am very new to the field of chromatography, and have a very limited background in chemistry or chemical engineering.

I am currently conducting my own research on methods of removal of air bubbles in LPLC systems. I have the following questions:

What are some common practice methods to removing the tiny air bubbles in flow, aside from the bubble trap? Do there exist in-line filter housings that can accomplish the removal of air bubbles while also removing particulates? Is an in-line filter a practical method of removing air, why or why not?

Can anybody direct me to viable sources where I can research this topic further?

Thank you.
There are various methods for removing dissolved air in mobile phase , such as helium sparging , ultrasonication , heating and stirring , applying vacuum and using on-line degasser.

If there is air in your mobile phase , in-line filter may worsen the problem , since it makes a resistance to flow , and help to outgas at the suction side.( as a result of partial vacuum formation )
uzman wrote:
There are various methods for removing dissolved air in mobile phase , such as helium sparging , ultrasonication , heating and stirring , applying vacuum and using on-line degasser.

If there is air in your mobile phase , in-line filter may worsen the problem , since it makes a resistance to flow , and help to outgas at the suction side.( as a result of partial vacuum formation )

Thank you!
3 posts Page 1 of 1