Varian Prostar 335 error

Discussions about HPLC, CE, TLC, SFC, and other "liquid phase" separation techniques.

17 posts Page 1 of 2
Hi.We have a Prostar 335 detector and we keep getting this error:"SIG_CC_SLIT_PEAK_NOT_FOUND".Anyone got any ideas?(new flow cell, new lamps, system is clean, AC voltage through UPS, mobile phase degassed, backpressure restrictor checked). Thank you.
Hi

During calibration, the detector is searching the deuterium line in order to ensure the position of the optical grating.

If the detector does not find this position or is unable to reach this position, you will recieve this error message after lamp ignition.

I think it is best if you contact tech service.

best regards
Chris
I have just started getting this error. We do not have any sort of technical support for this instrument, nor do we have the funds to bring in a service tech. Does anyone (chris maybe?) have any idea how to fix it ourselves? Do you have more information on why we are getting this error?

Thanks!
Hello

You can connect the detector to the varian prostar verify software, in this software , you can get detailed information about the error.

Please switch off/on the detector before connecting to the verify software.

It can be very difficult to repair this by yourself, in the cases I was faced to this,
a) a mirror/ mirror position in the optical path was bad
b) the stepper motor of the grating was bad

You will have to do the "big" calibration procedure with an Hg-Lamp after working on this.

Maybe some third-party support can help you.

Best regards
Chris
Hello again. Seemed that the Vis lamp was the culprit(and its electronic connections).
Hi Daniel,

What was the fix? Just replacing the vis light?

Edit: Also to Chris, do you know of a source for the Prostar Verify software? It didn't install with our Galaxie installation and I can't seem to find any evidence that we have or ever had it.

Thanks!
Hello

The software is deliverd with the detector, maybe you can find the CD.

Of course, new lamps - as Daniel did write in his opening post, should be the first step.

Best regards
Chris
I can get you a copy of the PolyVerify software if you want. Give me your email address or dropbox and I can send it to you in a couple days.

Also, you might want to try and re-calibrate the lamps to fix the CC Slit line peak error.
I/m getting a diffrent error with mine "LMP_CC_D2_LAMP_DIDNOT_STRIKE" when I try to turn on any of the lamps, even the visible light lamp for some reason it starts off by trying to start the D2 lamp instead, please help as I can't start either lamp. All lamps appear to be physucally fine as well as the cell, D2 lamp as 4500 hours on it the UV/Vis lamp has 800 hours.
Replace the deuterium lamp.
Read the user manual and perform a lamp calibration after replacement
Hi,
I have Varian Prostar 335 and the L2D2 that is installed on the equipment is Hamamatsu L6301-52. I nearly should replace it, I contacted Hamamatsu and they told us that this lamp is exclusively produced for Agilent. So anybody can help which lamp from Hamamatsu or other supplier is equivalent to this lamp?
We have some problem to get the lamp from Agilent.
Thank you
Hi

Some third-party suppliers offer original Agilent/Hamatsu lamps as well as other brands like Heraeus....

best regards
Chris
Thank Chris I found a Heraeus lamp on their web site. Just do you know which d2 lamp from Hamamatsu is compatible?
Thank you
The lamp will be the same(Hamamdzu L2D2 or Heraeus) , just the Socket ist different according to the HPLC-Manufacturer.
I Think Heraeus offers a lamp with a varian-type Lamp socket.

Maybe its a good idea to ask your lokal suppliers for a matching Lamp.

best regards
Chris
Dear Chris
Thank you for information.
17 posts Page 1 of 2