Shimadzu DGU-20A5 degasser problem

Discussions about HPLC, CE, TLC, SFC, and other "liquid phase" separation techniques.

5 posts Page 1 of 1
Dear colleagues
I have a problem with degasser. After switching on equipment red light permanently appears. Turning off and on the pump (according to manual) doesn't help. I will be grateful for any advices.

Regards

Sylwia
Hi

You can have problem with:

- rubbery tubing inside degasser - it is probably worn out and needs to be cut and reattached

- vacuum pump - it is posibble that diaphragms are worn out and need to be cleaned or replaced

Regards

Tomasz Kubowicz
Hi all,

Concerning the HPLC degasser unit, the diaphragm of the vacuum pump in our unit was broken but the pump is still moving. Anyone knows where can I get the replacement part for this diaphragm? Otherwise, the service company advised to replace to whole unit of vacuum pump which is very costly. Thank you!
RED ERROR Status light means the system has failed to meet all vacuum specifications. It is probably internally contaminated too which means your mobile phase may also be contaminated [https://hplctips.blogspot.com/2015/08/an-often-ignored-hplc-lcms.html].

The vacuum tubing, vacuum chambers and vacuum pump used in this degasser are all "special", as is the vacuum pump controller. They are far more complicated than people realize and the cause of the failure must be found BEFORE you start replacing parts. IOW: They require professional service. Our company has repaired hundreds of Shimadzu DGU-20A3/5 degasser modules. If you are located in the USA or Canada please contact our company, Chiralizer Services (USA), for more information on how to have the module repaired for far less money than what Shimadzu charges, plus super fast repair turnarounds. Chiralizer has factory parts in stock and provide professional repairs on these and all other brands of HPLC degasser modules (Plus 25 years of experience doing so). The price Chiralizer charges for just the vacuum pump alone is less than half of what Shimadzu does. And wait till you find out what the replacement vacuum chambers cost for that unit! They just replace parts, we actually diagnose, test and repair them (saving you lots of money).

For more info on having ANY brand of HPLC degasser professionally repaired, please refer to this link: http://www.chiralizer.com/hplc-degasser-repair.html
"Anyone knows where can I get the replacement part for this diaphragm?"

You can't. They are not available as "parts" and I doubt that would fix the problem.
5 posts Page 1 of 1