who sells monoclonal antibody standards?

Discussions about HPLC, CE, TLC, SFC, and other "liquid phase" separation techniques.

13 posts Page 1 of 1
I need to buy some therapeutic antibodies to serve as standards for chromatography: denosumab, infliximab, etc. Same goes for Adcetris (brentuximab vedotin), an ADC. Can anyone direct me to a dealer who sells them?

Andy Alpert
PolyLC Inc.
(410) 992-5400
aalpert@polylc.com
PolyLC Inc.
(410) 992-5400
aalpert@polylc.com
Dear Andy,

Please visit this website, select English and I hope you will get the requested information:
https://www.biomol.de/antibodies

Have a lovely Monday.
Cheers
Gerhard
Gerhard Kratz, Kratz_Gerhard@web.de
Thanks, Gerhard, but these sites only sell antibodies for basic research in biology. They don't sell common therapeutic antibodies.

Andy
PolyLC Inc.

(410) 992-5400

aalpert@polylc.com
http://www.creativebiolabs.net/Therapeu ... 0wodVH8NPg

Maybe you have a customer who works in for example Roche Diagnostics it is difficult but not impossible that you might get access to actual MABs.

Good luck
Have a great day
Gerhard
Thanks again, Gerhard, but Creative Biolabs raises these antibodies themselves. That makes a common therapeutic antibody from them just as expensive as an antibody raised in small quantities for some esoteric research application. I need a source of therapeutic antibodies that are produced on a commercial scale, which results in their costing several times less than what Creative Biolabs charges.

It is the policy of producers like Seattle Genetics not to sell their commercial products on a small scale to research labs like ours. I would imagine that the policy of Roche, Genentech, etc. would be similar. All in all, it's surprisingly difficult to find a source of such commonly used pharmaceuticals.
PolyLC Inc.

(410) 992-5400

aalpert@polylc.com
Dear Andy,

I will ask our sourcing team to find such a source.

Have a nice day.
Gerhard
Hi Andy, Gerhard,

Sigma-Aldrich seems to sell some antibodies, does this help?

http://www.sigmaaldrich.com/life-scienc ... odies.html
MattM
Dear Andy,

We found AMGEN for denosumab but it seams they use it in production.
Other reliable sources we could not find. Sorry.

Have a nice day.
Gerhard
Matt M.:
I followed your link, thanks. Sigma has the usual listing of esoteric antibodies for research purposes. It turns out that it does sell two of the therapeutic antibodies that I'm looking for: trastuzumab (Herceptin) and rituximab (Rituxan). However, it sells them on the same basis as all the antibodies meant for basic research in biology, at prices about 50-100x higher than would be true for a standard vial for therapeutic purposes. This means they're not a practical source of these as standards for chromatography. These proteins are proving to be unusually elusive!
PolyLC Inc.

(410) 992-5400

aalpert@polylc.com
Hi Andy,

I am sorry to hear that. I wish you better hunting elsewhere. Us middle-states fellows have to stick together when we're able.
MattM
Hello Andy,

GeneTex has a pretty enormous catalog of Abs. The details of your use cases go over my head but I'd check here.
http://www.genetex.com

Hope this helps!
Thanks for the suggestion. I checked out the GeneTex catalogue. Most of their antibodies are polyclonal, and all of them are sold for research into basic biochemistry. That means that they're just as expensive as the antibodies from Creative Biolabs. That prices them out of the market as far as HPLC retention time standards are concerned. The search continues!

The NIST antibody standard actually isn't a bad choice. Its ready availability as of last year means that everyone has started using it as a standard for HPLC, which means that it's serving its intended purpose. I just wish that there were two or three additional such mAb's available.
PolyLC Inc.

(410) 992-5400

aalpert@polylc.com
13 posts Page 1 of 1