Is anyone here using EZ Start by Shimadzu to run their HPLC.

Discussions about HPLC, CE, TLC, SFC, and other "liquid phase" separation techniques.

5 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi everyone,

We're restoring a LC-10ADvp HPLC system and it came with EZ Start v7.2
Just wondering if anyone here has had any success using this software?
My first job had a Shimadzu HPLC. I am not sure on the exact software that was used to run it, outside of it being Shimadzu software. It did what we needed it to; run one method for the product that was being shipped out. We didn't really delve into a more involved use of the software. It performed well and we kept it in working order.
I am currently using the EZ-Start system. It works just fine though it is a bit cumbersome at times. If you are restoring a system I would talk to Shimadzu about software upgrades, you can run current software on older Shimadzu systems.
Hello:
I know a couple of people who are still using this software.
In order to use it you will need the software and the key.
The key can be a physical key ( it looks like a USB memory). or obtained trough internet.

If you have boths then you can probably use them to control a VP system.
you will also need a serial cable to connect the pc to the VP controller.

If the software is all ready installed and running in a PC, then try connecting it to the VP controller.

good luck.
I used the EZstart several years ago.
Before installing you should consider that it will not run in Windows 10 or 7.
You would need a an XP computer to install it.
Also you will be able to use it if it came with a USB license.
If there is no USB license you will not be able to use it.
If you decide to install The latest software from Shimadzu I think that the cheapest version is around $3,500.
There are other options but you would have to control the HPLC from the keybaord in the modules.
5 posts Page 1 of 1