Paracetamol [December 20, 2002]

Discussions about HPLC, CE, TLC, SFC, and other "liquid phase" separation techniques.

2 posts Page 1 of 1
By Anonymous on Friday, December 20, 2002 - 10:23 pm:

How do I separate Paracetamol, Phenylpropanolamine hydrochloride and Triprolidine hydrochloride on Reverse Phase coulmn?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By Anonymous on Sunday, December 22, 2002 - 10:56 pm:

Check the following:

Simultaneous quantification of ephedrines in urine by high-performance liquid chromatography
Journal of Chromatography B: Biomedical Sciences and Applications Volume 661, Issue 2 18 November 1994 Pages 357-361
P. J. van der Merwe, L. W. Brown and S. E. Hendrikz

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By Anonymous on Tuesday, December 24, 2002 - 09:41 pm:

To Anonymous
Thank you for your advice. Definately I will go through the Journal of Chromatography.

By Anonymous on Friday, December 27, 2002 - 10:21 pm:

Thanks to everyone who reply to my question.
I try with phenyl column to separate paracetamol,Phenylpropanolamine Hydrochloride and triprolidine hydrochloride with following chromatography condition.
Column : hypersil phenyl column 10micron particle size, 4.6 x 250 mm length.
Mobile phase :
Buffer : Methanol :Acetonitrile (60:20:20)
BUFFER (N2HPO4 500MG TO 500ML DILUTE WITH WATER AND ADJUST THE PH TO 6.5 WITH GLACIAL ACETIC ACID)
Detector : 220nm
Flow rate : 2.0ml/min
I am able to separate Paracetamol and Phenylpropanolamine hydrovchloride. Their Retention time are 2.5min and 3.5 min resp.
My problem is Triprolidine does not elute even after 30minutes. Any one can help me ?

By Anonymous on Friday, January 3, 2003 - 05:24 am:

did you use the same analytical conditions as in the reference? what were the retention times for Paracetamol and Phenylpropanolamine hydrochloride in your reference?

By Anonymous on Monday, January 6, 2003 - 05:07 am:

Yes, I used the same analytical conditions as in the reference. The Rt of Paracetamol and Phenylpropanolamine hydrochloride is 2.5min and 3.5min resp.
Just for your information every component used is reference substance and concentration of each component is 1mg/ml and 20 microlitre were injected so there is no question of response is very small which can not be detectable.
Thanks for your answer.

By Anonymous on Monday, January 6, 2003 - 10:51 pm:

what about triprolidine retention time in the reference? Have you seen triprolidine eluting at all? At what time? What equipment are you using compared to the ref? Any change you are having difference in a delay volume?

Check and double check the mobile phase (pH meter!) and column. I have worked one month with a method and realized I was having wrong column id...frustrating.

Good luck

By syx_interbat on Friday, November 7, 2003 - 05:14 am:

Anonymous or anyone,
May you give me the reference for determination paracetamol and phenylpropanolamine HCl above?
Thanks

By Anonymous on Saturday, August 30, 2003 - 07:20 pm:

does anyone know how to separate 4-aminophenol from paracetamol using RP HPLC?
2 posts Page 1 of 1