HPLC Kontron 420 error

Discussions about HPLC, CE, TLC, SFC, and other "liquid phase" separation techniques.

4 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello,
We don't have the manual for our Kontron 420 HPLC pump and can't seem to find one anywhere. We are getting an error message of E-26 and can't continue or work until it's fixed. Does anyone know whats going on or where we could find out?
In manual it is described - "Motor speed not measurable". The first you need to try reset pump:
switch power off, press PUMP and switch power on, keep PUMP key pressed until software version is displayed. After this "master reset" intrument should work correctly.
Kind regards,
Ivan Styskin

LCCO Biotech
Hi, we are also currently having problems with our Kontron 420 HPLC pump. The pump shows strong pulsation and there is a high pressure build up if columns are installed. Is there any chance that somebody has a pdf version of the manual for that specific pump. This would help us out a lot as we don't have the original one around.
elsico wrote:
In manual it is described - "Motor speed not measurable". The first you need to try reset pump:
switch power off, press PUMP and switch power on, keep PUMP key pressed until software version is displayed. After this "master reset" intrument should work correctly.

Hello

I have the same error E-26. I turn on the pump with the PUMP key pressed and it starts normally, when it starts up it goes for a while and gives the same error. I removed the cover of the pump and what I observed is that when the motor is about to fail, it stops moving continuously and begins to do so in an interrupted manner, as if the power supply to the motor began to work in pulses. If you can give me some advice it would be very useful for me.

Thanks!
4 posts Page 1 of 1