HP HPLC 1090 Series II errors and injectors problems (Long..

Discussions about HPLC, CE, TLC, SFC, and other "liquid phase" separation techniques.

3 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello,

My first post here, hope in the right section.

I'm a "generic lab support" engineer in my institute and trying to understand/repair an HP 1090 that is used with Chemstation under WIN2000 pc.

The users of these systems are new fairly new chemists and students and as such do not have any real operational knowledge of the system to assist me with repair. They just have a sequence of instructions that they mimic and wait for an out put chromatogram.

1. HPLC on
2. detector on
3. Computer on
4. Maximize chemstation
4. run sequence (one vial in magazine, they don't know how to use the arm)

This 1090 has survived our 3 experienced biochemists and friends that wrote the above instructions. RIP...

Problems that more or less showed up.

1. HPLC comes on with the error and not ready LED on.
2. Running Chemstation shows "not ready"
3. Running through the Injector diagnostics eventually clears the error and not ready led's on HPLC keyboard and Chemstation is green and shows "Ready". All of the injector diagnostics seem to work except

reset injector "gives red light"
needle into vial moves needle into and then raises needle up in two seconds (dont know if this is normal)
Carriage home works,carriage to selected vial works, but NOT magazine to selected vial

4. Running a partial sequence (after getting system ready), e.g. one vial in the magazine, starts the software running for a minute or so and then stops with injector error (goes red in Chemstation). Physically the system did not do anything, like move the carriage or needle or syringe.

5. I do not have manuals to try and do a single run using the vial arm instead of the carriage.

System has helium, air, and the pumps are ok. The AC moving stator motor on the hp pump I replaced ~3 months ago as the old one was noisy. Also replaced the one-way cartridge valves and the system was used for a couple of weeks without problem.

Would appreciate any help guidance, or some users and maintenance manuals.

regards, and sorry for the long post
nikos boretos
anyone?
olNick wrote:
anyone?

protocol

service handbook 1050
Two minutes search in google.

I have some material for HP 1050 and 1090, if you need just write your e-mail.
3 posts Page 1 of 1