Transducer error?

Discussions about HPLC, CE, TLC, SFC, and other "liquid phase" separation techniques.

3 posts Page 1 of 1
I'm just turning on a Waters 2695 unit, and I get an Alert: Sample Transducer Range (0.05) and it will not let me continue initialization.

Any ideas? Thanks!
Josh

Metrology Technician
Boston Analytical
Hi,

This usually indicates that the transducer on the sample loop is out of range and can't be zero'd during the power up int. I would suspect that it needs to be replaced. You could try relieving the pressure on the transducer by opening up one of the fitting's. Note you'll need two spanners when tightening back up as this is when the transducer is most likely to get damaged. But in your case it mightn't make any difference.
Power down the Alliance and loosen the fitting, then power back up. If it passes your okay, but more than likely it won't from my experience. also you could swap the electrical connection to see if the fault moves to another part of the system to verify if the Transducer is indeed faulty.

Regards,
Bull76.
I actually swapped the transducer with another unit that we weren't using, and it is indeed the problem.

Thanks for your help. New part ordered!
Josh

Metrology Technician
Boston Analytical
3 posts Page 1 of 1