Waters 1515 Pump shutdown at 750 psi.

Discussions about HPLC, CE, TLC, SFC, and other "liquid phase" separation techniques.

5 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello Everybody,
I need support from Waters engineers or instrumentation engineers who have worked with Waters HPLC's.

I have a 1515 pump, 2487 Detector and manual injector connected with Breeze. The 1515 pump shuts down after crossing 750 psi. even though the pressure max. is set at 4000 psi in Breeze. The pressure transducer was crosschecked and worked fine.

The diagnostics program for the 1515 pump to check via RS-232 helped in knowing that the pump worked fine via RS-232. When connected with Breeze via IEEE the pump shuts down after crossing after 750 psi. :evil: The software also does not accept 1.5 ml/min but accepts other flow rates. The pump operates fine without column under no pressure condition. :D

I feel that Breeze software needs to be reinstalled to set right. If I am right can somebody
guide me how to reinstall Breeze without disturbing the licenses?

If my observation is wrong can somebody guide me how to fix this problem, I will be grateful.

Best Wishes and regards,

Sivaraman
1-can you tell me .. when you make a flow from the pump directly not from software, is pump is shut down also at 750 psi ..??

2-try to install Millennium V4 or 3.2 .. its little better from Breeze software

3- check up for pump head assembly unit, and how you know the transducer is okay!!!
1) I do not have the provision to set the flow directly in 1515 pump

2) I have to work with Breeze and do not have Millennium

3) I checked with a Waters Diagnostics program which connects to 1515 via RS-232 and confirmed the same worked fine without problem. So problem in Head and Transducer ruled out.

Suspect IEEE Interface board will update. If you have an SOP to reload Breeze or SOP for installation of Empower do attach the same.
can you change the low pressure limit value in the software? 750 psi seems too high to cause a system shutdown.
Low Pressure Limit is set at 0 PSI. As written earlier problem seems to be with IEEE interface. Will update next week.
5 posts Page 1 of 1