By Anonymous on Thursday, June 3, 2004 - 04:55 am:

Can anyone tell me which is the best probable HPLC method to analyse tamsulosin pellets. the concentration is very low (0.4%). I am trying to assay the pellets. I am not getting the proper peak response using a PDA/UV detector even for the drug sample (API)
which are the best columns to use. Are there any special detectors for such low concentration products? Tamsulosin has a chiral center.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By Anonymous on Thursday, June 3, 2004 - 05:26 pm:

Your compound is very polar. Try using Synergy Hydro RP column with low organic gradient.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By A.Mouse on Thursday, June 3, 2004 - 11:50 pm:

There are several columns on the market that give good retention for polar compounds, without any other problems. I am using most of the time the Atlantis column from Waters.

By Anonymous on Friday, June 4, 2004 - 01:24 am:

hehe - low concentration??? Try finding a method to detect 125 pg/ml - sigh.... :)