UV detector

Discussions about HPLC, CE, TLC, SFC, and other "liquid phase" separation techniques.

2 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi,

I have a question regarding UV detector, what does mean by AUFS and what its relation with absorbance unit?
Please explain it?
Not sure if this is much help but I found this explanatino online:

"AUFS is a measure of the attenuation of UV through the sample - basically, if you multiply the reading you get from your sample by the AUFS, it will give you the true reading (I think, it may be the divide rather than multiply).

AUFS is the range of the spec or detector. AUFS or ABSORBANCE UNITS FULL SCALE: refers to the attenuation of the UV detector for a particular run. A reading of 0.1 AUFS means that a 100% reading on the data system display corresponds to an absorbance of the column effluent equal to 0.1 absorbance unit. In some cases, 0.001 AUFS will be expressed as "1 milliAbsorbance Units Full Scale" (1 mAUFS).

http://www.lcresources.com/resources/getstart/a.htm "
2 posts Page 1 of 1