Paraformaldehyde analysis

Discussions about HPLC, CE, TLC, SFC, and other "liquid phase" separation techniques.

5 posts Page 1 of 1
we trying to quantify paraformaldehyde content in one drug substance using 2,4-DNPH as derivatizing agent.We are getting one big peak in blank solution at the same rt of HCHO-DNPH in standard solution,and we are also not getting recovery (we are getting ~50%). can any tell how to over come this problem?
I'm working on a similar method right now. Formaldehyde is usually in the DNPH, you might have to purify it before use. Here's some help I received:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=14513
The purpose of this study is to find an easy way to protect the cells by flow cytometry (FACS) analysis. We identified and fixed in 1% paraformaldehyde, 0.85% of the salt solution did not significantly change the Coulter volume and fluorescence light scattering properties of cells. The method is applicable to all types of cells, including mouse, human and rat lymphocytes, red blood cells and transformed cell lines.
vvreddy wrote:
we trying to quantify paraformaldehyde content in one drug substance using 2,4-DNPH as derivatizing agent.We are getting one big peak in blank solution at the same rt of HCHO-DNPH in standard solution,and we are also not getting recovery (we are getting ~50%). can any tell how to over come this problem?

please share me the solubility of paraformaldehyde
Hi experts,

I am struggling in the purity determination of paraformaldehyde. I have search lot but most of the methods are linked with formaldehyde purity. Can any body help me in this matter??? How can we define the purity of paraformaldehyde by titration or some other methods??

Best regards
Praveen
5 posts Page 1 of 1