2475 Waters PMT Calibration.

Discussions about HPLC, CE, TLC, SFC, and other "liquid phase" separation techniques.

12 posts Page 1 of 1
Do you have the PMT calibration procedure?
We fixed the PCboard of a 2475 Waters fluorecence detector but we have the followings errors:

Unit not configured
Unit no normalized
Method not found
PMT not calibrated

Home screen display <ERROR>
Gain is 0

The cell is filled with water.

We do not have the service manual.

Please let me know your comments.

It would probably be worthwhile to contact Waters and buy a service manual!
-- Tom Jupille
LC Resources / Separation Science Associates
tjupille@lcresources.com
+ 1 (925) 297-5374

Waters doesn't give me an answer. I've waited for 3 months , and I have the manual. The manual says the PMT calibration is done with an on-board service diagnostic.

If so , how do I do that diagnosis.

I'm sorry to say this, but you will probably have to hound Waters some more to find out how to access the diagnostics. :cry:
-- Tom Jupille
LC Resources / Separation Science Associates
tjupille@lcresources.com
+ 1 (925) 297-5374

Hi,

you need access to the Service diagnostic to complete the PMT calibration. Once this is done then you can calibrate the detector and it will be fully functioning. The Diagnostic is password protected to protect the detector. You need a service call out to rectify the detector.

The service diagnostic password is ****

-I suspect Waters would prefer this kept private.
DR
Hi -

I'm new to this forum. Anyway, I got into the service diagnostics and calibrated the PMT several times but I still get the PMT not calibrated error. I also get the error that the units are not normalized. Do I have to save this calibration? How do I do that?

Thanks for your help!

Chris Pryor
Hi,

When you do the PMT calibration what values are you getting. More concerned about the R0 value? You would need to do the normalise units and then calibrate the detector. After that there shouldn't be an issue unless something else is wrong or the battery is flat and every time you power down the detector you loss the data from the PMT, normalise and calibration. How are you controlling the 2475? Serial or Ethernet, Also what PCB was replaced and was the firmware updated?

Regards,
Bull76
Hi -

It was the battery. We are looking online now for a replacement. Do you know where we could get one? It's really different from the other lithium batteries that Waters uses and I can't find it in their catalog.
Hi,

It should be listed under there 2475 detector. It's a 3Vdc battery, yellow rectangular type. If you power up the system, do all the calibrations and don't power it off you should be okay until the new battery arrives. Part number is 700001834.

Regards,
Bull76
Thanks!
12 posts Page 1 of 1