Looking for Waters 501 Manuals

Discussions about HPLC, CE, TLC, SFC, and other "liquid phase" separation techniques.

10 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello group.

I am in need of a Waters 501 HPLC pump user and service manuals. Waters inform me that the pump is discontinued and that they cannot help with a manual.
Does anyone have a hard copy that they could spare? I could arrange pickup by fedex.

Perhaps in an electronic form (pdf)??

thanks

Alp

What part of the manual do you need?

The build of those 501's looks shockingly close to the 600E's. Maybe you could dig something up on the 600E?

The Waters 501 is a one-piston pump with a quite simple pressure pulse damper.

The 510, 590 and 600E line are dual-piston pumps whose mechanical parts are interchangeable.

Electronics are different for all of these pumps. Therefore my question which part of the manual is needed (or what problem is to be solved).

HBJ, It has often been my experience with manuals that more is better than less, so I would have to say I would LIKE the whole manual. Not knowing what is in it, I cannot specify what parts would be more desirable.

bisnettrj2, this is fantastic info you have given me. I have not visited the sites yet, but any maintenance info is ALWAYS welcome. Thanks!

Alp

No problem, I hope those links are somewhat helpful.

I called Waters for service or user manuals today. A service tech told me I probably would not have any luck.

I didn't.

I also tried Ebay.

I'm still looking.
There's gotta be someone with an old 501 manual tucked away somewhere.

Alp
HbJ wrote:
The Waters 501 is a one-piston pump with a quite simple pressure pulse damper.

The 510, 590 and 600E line are dual-piston pumps whose mechanical parts are interchangeable.

Electronics are different for all of these pumps. Therefore my question which part of the manual is needed (or what problem is to be solved).
Please share links for waters 590 and 484, Thanks
10 posts Page 1 of 1