Selection of internal standard

Discussions about HPLC, CE, TLC, SFC, and other "liquid phase" separation techniques.

2 posts Page 1 of 1
I contracted out the synthesis of some internal standards for few metabolites of a compound that I am working on.
The company responsible for the synthesis prepared an important intermediate for generating the internal standards I need.
However they received a mixture of different label grades:
M+5: 50.5%,
M+4: 27.9%,
M+3: 8.6%,
M+2: 0.09%,
no M+1 or below was observed.

Compounds contains 4x deuterium + 1x 15N.
Thinking about a mass spec analysis which I will select a specific mass transition for the native compound (unlabelled) and for the internal standard (and that generally I use a high concentration of internal standard compared to the analytical curve), would this different grades be an issue?
I do not think so, as even considering that I only have 50% M+5, I will probably have enough signal in the equipment, and since I'll be selecting an specific m/z I believe no interference will be observed. Is that correct?
I agree with you. As long as there is no interference in both the unlabelled and labelled acqusition functions, and your labelled molecule is stable over time, this should be fine.
2 posts Page 1 of 1