Back-flushing an HPLC column with guard column on

Discussions about HPLC, CE, TLC, SFC, and other "liquid phase" separation techniques.

5 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello,
Stupid question but still a question.
Can you back flush poroshell 120 (EC-C18, 2.7um) with guard column on?
Purpose: regular cleaning
Shiknas wrote:
Hey!

Stupid response but still a response:
what is the particle size of the guard column? Larger or the same 2.7um ?

And I'd check with the manufacturer whether the inlet frit and the outlet frit are the same size (ask for both the column and guard column).
Shiknas wrote:
Hey!

Hey ! Stupid response but still a response:

And I'd check with the manufacturer whether the inlet frit and the outlet frit are the same size (ask for both the column and guard column).

Shiknas - it seems that you're not American, but in my opinion "Hey!" is not appropriate here.
Consumer Products Guy wrote:
Shiknas wrote:
Hey!

Hey ! Stupid response but still a response:

Shiknas - it seems that you're not American, but in my opinion "Hey!" is not appropriate here.

My apologies for "Hey!", I edited to "Hello!', indeed, I'm not North American.

Guard column has the same particle size - 2.7um. Agilent mentions that their Poroshell 2.7 µm columns comes with 2um frits.

So far it's not an issue but I'm wondering if it worth backflushing guard column in general or just dispose and replace.

Thank you for your response.
Might as well try as frits are the same.
5 posts Page 1 of 1