Injection delay Chromeleon SpectraSystem

Discussions about HPLC, CE, TLC, SFC, and other "liquid phase" separation techniques.

4 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi all

I am running a very basic 7min isocratic method which I created in Chromeleon 7.3.
But what happens is that my autsampler (SepctraSystem AS3000) starts taking up the sample but then, instead of inejcting it goes into a "HOLD" state for about 5min. Only then does it inject. The UV starts and acquires for 7min as it should. But all in all the system then runs a sample in 5+7min, instead of the 7 it would need if it injected directly.
I do not understand why this is happening and how I can stop it.

My audit trail gives me a "Waiting for inject response on TSP3500InjectState" and then 5MIN LATER it says "Got inject response".

Does anyone have a clue why that would happen and how I can avoid it?
Thank you!

(I'm trying to upload pictures but haven't managed yet)
when creating the instrument method in the tab "general settings for the sampler" there are injection setting options, the option "dispense delay" has a maximum time of 300s which it sounds like you have your method set to this maximum. set this to 2-5s and I think you should be sorted.

cheers
Thank you very much for your suggestion. It sounds to me like you are right! When I go to instrument commands -> sampler it tells me that InjectWaitTime is 365.5s. But that is read only, I cannot change it (it is gray).

I also cannot see a “dispense delay” section in my method for the sampler.
The only things I can adjust is sample height, injection type and cycle time (0.01mim, as low as possible) and temp controls.

Do you have any idea what I could do?
I have fixed it with the help of my engineer. We had to change the delay volume on the pump directly, rather than through Chromeleon. It's now working. yay!
4 posts Page 1 of 1