Cleaning the UV/Vis detector measuring cell

Discussions about HPLC, CE, TLC, SFC, and other "liquid phase" separation techniques.

3 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello,
the measuring cell of my UV/Vis detector is very dirty, so hardly any energy gets through. I have already carried out a measuring procedure with nitric acid, water, acetone and acetonitrile. Minimal success could be observed. Do you know of any other cleaning procedures I could try?
(I changed the deuterium lamp on Friday).
Many thanks and best regards
:-)
After long exposure to intense UV, detector cells windows will "solarize" (often ending up looking like amethysts). Time to change the windows.
-- Tom Jupille
LC Resources / Separation Science Associates
tjupille@lcresources.com
+ 1 (925) 297-5374
which brand is the UV detector, how many is energy of ref cell .
3 posts Page 1 of 1