RID Settings and Baseline Help

Discussions about HPLC, CE, TLC, SFC, and other "liquid phase" separation techniques.

3 posts Page 1 of 1
I bought a used Shimazdu RID-10A detector to add to my HPLC system. I have a Varian ProStar HPLC system, and I have connected the RID-10A using the analog connections. I have been unable to get good chromatographs, and I can't figure out which setting is wrong. I use the Galaxie software to control the Varian ProStar, but I will use the NOT control the RID-10A using the software. I am only trying to have the software record the data and integrate it. My previous RI detector was a Hitachi model that was connected via analog signals, so I know it's possible. I did not change any of the wiring on the Varian, and I only connected the other end of the wires to the new detector. The Varian pump/autosampler have a analog to digital convertor.

HPLC Settings:
Column:Phenomenex Rezex RHM H+
Buffer: 5mM H2SO4
Flow Rate: 0.6 ml/min

RID settings:
Mode: A
AUX Range: 3
Range:100
Response: 4
Span A: 0.8
Event: 2
Local:1
ARDS: 4
Analog wires are connected to the output terminals 6 and 7: 1mV recorder and common recorder outputs.

Alternately, if this looks like a detector/hardware issue, I am still in the return window where I can return this Shimazdu detector and purchase a different RID.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/196890939@N04/52484682716/in/dateposted-public/
What's the sampling rate on your A/D?
Do you have RID experience (and you're aware that they take quite a while to equilibrate, can't be placed where HVAC is blowing on them, and typically have a reference cell that has to be flushed with your MP before a run is started)?

Has Shimadzu been helpful?
Thanks,
DR
Do you have by any chance prostar 210/218 pump attached to your galaxie?
3 posts Page 1 of 1