Manual for an old Merck-Hitachi 655A UV Detector

Discussions about HPLC, CE, TLC, SFC, and other "liquid phase" separation techniques.

4 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi

I am looking for a manual for an old Merck-Hitachi 655A HPLC UV Detector. Even Hitachi was not able to find it.

I can read the signal with an A/D and it still seems to work, but it would be nice to have the Manual/Part List. I don't want to damage it.

Does anyone have an idea where I could look for it? Here in Spain and other European countries nothing can be found.

Thanks!
That's a tall request; it is very difficult finding documentation for older equipment. It may be easier to find a manual for a similar detector, one that was more popular than the Hitachi - maybe a Waters or ABI? Much of the functionality will be the same.
I don't know how similar the 655 is to L-4250.

for the latter, I have found the printed instruction manual in our lab.
But I would need to scan/photo it to get a digital copy.
jtmarten wrote:
That's a tall request; it is very difficult finding documentation for older equipment. It may be easier to find a manual for a similar detector, one that was more popular than the Hitachi - maybe a Waters or ABI? Much of the functionality will be the same.

Old manuals and part lists for these companies are also hard to find. But i will give it a try.

Hollow wrote:
I don't know how similar the 655 is to L-4250.

for the latter, I have found the printed instruction manual in our lab.
But I would need to scan/photo it to get a digital copy.

Some information from this manual could be really usefull. They are from (almost) the same era. My detector came with a Hitachi 6200A pump and I know, that worked great with the older detector. Fortunately i have found an instruction for the pump. But a manual for old detectors ... no chance.

The most important parts from the detector manual would be:

1. The table with the type/dimensions of the pipes/fittings
2. Information about maintenance/inspection
3. Part numbers of components

Maybe you could take a picture of the table on contents. A lot of the sites are about "legal information" and other things that do not help.

Take your time. I'm not in a hurry and scanning would be a lot of work. Some pictures of the interesting sections in low resolution would be more than enough.

Thanks!
4 posts Page 1 of 1