PL-ELS 2100 ELSD detector to an Agilent 1200 HPLC

Discussions about HPLC, CE, TLC, SFC, and other "liquid phase" separation techniques.

4 posts Page 1 of 1
Heyo! I'm trying to connect a Polymer Laboratories PL-ELS 2100 ELSD detector up to an Agilent 1200 Series Lan-based HPLC running ChemStation B.04.03-SP2. The detector has no drivers or firmware with it.

It seems like in order to get the output from the detector we would need an analog to digital converter (35900E A/D) as it is an older ELSD. However, from what I've read I still should be able to send the detector instructions via RS232 cable from ChemStation but I haven't had any luck.

Any help or thoughts would be appreciated. Additionally, do you know what connectors we might need in order to eventually connect it to the A/D converter and would we need an A/D license for ChemStation?

Thank you so much for your help and time.
ItMeJB wrote:
Heyo! I'm trying to connect a Polymer Laboratories PL-ELS 2100 ELSD detector up to an Agilent 1200 Series Lan-based HPLC running ChemStation B.04.03-SP2. The detector has no drivers or firmware with it.

It seems like in order to get the output from the detector we would need an analog to digital converter (35900E A/D) as it is an older ELSD.

I only had experience with 1050 and 1100 series and external detectors (conductivity, ELSD) and Revision A software, and we did use 35900E A/D box. The 35900E connected to computer and had a signal cable and remote cable connected to the detector.

ItMeJB wrote:
Any help or thoughts would be appreciated. Additionally, do you know what connectors we might need in order to eventually connect it to the A/D converter and would we need an A/D license for ChemStation?

I cannot remember whether we had a separate license for the 35900E......
Hello good morning,
I find myself in the same situation you were in, I try to connect a PL-ElS 2100 with a 1200 tower. My current problem is that I tried to change the ELS 2100 firmware but the last firmware was erased and not charged de new so at this moment my detector doesn´t have firmware.

Does anyone know what can I do?

I appreciate any help
Hi all! :D

We have been dealing with a "bricked" PL-ElS 2100 recently.
Luckily we could find the firmware and tools to bring it back to life. We got it connected to a Agilent system with OpenLab and works perfectly! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

We can help get your ELSD back online! And many others HPLC/GC/MS related instruments! 8)
MOYO SCIENTIFIC SL
Carrer de Galicia, 118
08223 Terrassa (Barcelona)
SPAIN

(+34) 933 284 082

luca@moyoscientific.com
http://www.moyoscientific.com
4 posts Page 1 of 1