Hitachi Chromaster: How to configure Rheodyne 7725i Trigger

Discussions about HPLC, CE, TLC, SFC, and other "liquid phase" separation techniques.

4 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi folks,
Recently the PC attached to our analytical HPLC (Hitachi Chromaster) crashed and the windows version was corrupted, so our IT-department reinstalled windows and we had to re-install and -configure the HPLC with the Agilent OpenLabs (formerly EZChrom) software. After a while we found the correct drivers on the agilentpartner-website and after installing them, we could easily configure the DAD and the Pump within the Software. We tried starting the Software and it seemed fine, we could activate/deactivate the pump and checked the detector by running the preview mode with a standard method.
Now to my problem: We use an external Trigger called 'Rheodyne 7725(i)' which should upon lever pull send a signal to the DAD/Software to start recording the chromatogram.
The trigger activation doesn't work so far and I assume there has to be some kind of driver/configuration file installed in order to make this work. But I don't know where to get this driver, as I cannot find anything about that matter.
Is anybody experienced with this kind of system and could tell me what is necessary, in order to make the trigger work? I already set the trigger to external in the Agilent software, but when I pull the trigger to start the run, nothing happens.

Would be really great, if anyone had an idea how to solve this problem. Cheers.
I don't know Hitachi instruments , but as a general knowledge , there must be a '' start in '' connection either on pump or on DAD module , so you can connect your Rheodyne start cable in.

delete this post please, I made it by accident and dont know how to delete it myself.
Thanks for your effort, but the physical connection is already established/was never changed (the black cable from the rheodyne is connected to the turquoise adapter from the HPLCs "blue box"). Only the software side was newly installed. But I found out, that setting the Trigger to "external" in OpenLabs software is already enough and I dont need another kind of driver or configuration. So Problem solved, but there was not really one :)
4 posts Page 1 of 1