waters 2695 column diverter vs column switch

Discussions about HPLC, CE, TLC, SFC, and other "liquid phase" separation techniques.

2 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi,

We have a 2695 with a column heater and column switch. I want to use the column switch as a diverter valve after the column to spare our CAD from our sample matrix necessary for sample chromatography. I tried to create an EVENT in Empower to change between two columns in the middle of the run, but it didn't work. Does anyone have any thoughts on how to do this?

Similarly, if you were running samples all night and wanted to change to a different column automatically, how would you do this in Empower? I know that I can physically change the switch position from the front panel, but I don't want to be there at 3 am to do this.

Thanks,
Hi

The column switch can be done in the SampleSet with the functions <Equilibrate> or <ConditionColumn>. Then you can select your choice in the table column "Column Position" (maybe unhide it, if you don't see it).

The other thing I'm not familiar with, but I guess it is not intended to change the column during an injection.
Maybe you can re-wire the switch valve to some of the Output-Switches on the back of the system. Those should be switchable with the events in the instrument method.
Maybe you then need to reconfigure the 2695 system, so that it don't have the switching valve configured.
2 posts Page 1 of 1