Agilent 1100 HPLC Transport Alignment

Discussions about HPLC, CE, TLC, SFC, and other "liquid phase" separation techniques.

6 posts Page 1 of 1
I am using Agilent Lab Advisor to perform a Transport Alignment on my G1367A auto-sampler, but I get a pop-up message saying "Please install a suitable tray before to proceed".

I have the correct tray already placed in autosampler, does anyone know what this pop-up message is referring to?
Most likely means either the tray you have in the autosampler just isn't seated correctly (wiggle it a bit) or the sensor that detects the tray isn't working.
"Have you tried explaining it to the rubber duck?"
I've tried adjusting the tray many times. Wiggling it, taking it out and placing it back in. Doesn't seem to effect this issue unfortunately. Thank you though.
I'm retired now. Maybe confusing with the 1050 models .... but do 1100 trays have a locating magnet?

I also had some success in the past calling Agilent Tech Help or an Agilent service engineer I knew.....
Hmm. Not sure about the locating magnet? Do you know how I could check if I do? I've exhausted our use of Agilent Tech Help at this point, apparently. They refuse to respond to my emails unless we pay $5k for a technician to come on site.
I recall we had something similar happen when we were dealing with multiple issues with our old 1367A. We were dealing with tray issues as well as needle issues. Probably low chance that it works but here are our notes after finding a tech at Agilent who knew some details on these. The trick with the switches at the back seemed to work along with a needle alignment through the Lab Advisor software. That was the good news. Bad news was that other issues hit that unit and we ended up replacing it within a month.

Here are our somewhat shorthand notes in the off chance that they help:

HiP Sampler Error(“Movement of needle into seat failed”). Attempted to perform maintenance. Maintenance prompt failed and software gave an error that says “cover is open” when it is closed. Checked door magnets. Rebooted system. Another failed maintenance prompt. Called Agilent and customer service said to change “breaker switch” located at the back of instrument to 1,2,8 up and the rest (3-7) down. Switched breakers as advised, then rebooted system. (Note – black trays must not be in unit when calibration is occurring.) Maintenance prompt initiated. Performed needle realignment. Note: After successful needle realignment, type of sample tray resets. Make sure to change it back in the sequencer before testing. Also, had to move switches back to original positions of 4,5,6 up and rest down for the back switches after alignment.

Good Luck!
6 posts Page 1 of 1